An Evidence-based review was undertaken to provide clinicians, policy makers, teachers, educators, health service providers and families with information about which interventions to prevent ACEs and reduce their negative impact on mental health are effective, which are not, and which have not been adequately evaluated.
In summary, the below interventions, were found to be of greatest relevance to the Australian context:
- Community wide interventions (PDF)
- Positive parenting programs (PDF)
- Home-visiting programs (PDF)
- Psychological interventions (PDF)
- School-based programs (PDF)